Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Easy Banana "Ice Cream"

It's not really ice cream because it has no actual cream in it.  I suppose you could call it a frozen treat!

I froze some bananas that were going brown and spotty after peeling them and tossing them into a ziplock bag.
Upon retrieving them from ice-cold doom, I plopped them into my food processor, popped the lid on and turned it on full blast.
I pulsed the mix until it was somewhat chunky and then turned on the processor to a steady go around until it was smooth, creamy and wonderful!

It resembles ice cream and has a similar mouthfeel until it starts to get melty.  Then you have a bowl of really cold banana pudding.  This is not a bad deal!
I put a little honey in to up the sweet.

I'm thinking this would be WONDERFUL with chunks of dark chocolate tossed in at the end and hand mixed in.  Peanuts too!

I realize I should have taken a photo, but we ate it too fast!


Recipe:

3-5 bananas going brown, peeled
a sealable container
a food processor or high powered blender
a spoon
your mouth

optional: nuts, chocolate chunks

Process frozen bananas until blended smooth and creamy
Add any extras
Eat!

3 Comments:

Andrea said...

I prefer banana breadcake with my old brown bananas.

Paula said...

I love your blog!

Have a nice time!
Paula

the Tsaritsa said...

I love a frozen banana! I just peel them and freeze them in a bag, cut in half, and then eat it like a popsicle when it's frozen. Sooo yummy!